My First Toastmasters Table Topic Speech in English

I made my first Toastmasters Table Topic Speech in English today. It's tough enough even in Japanese, far more tough in English.

For those who are not familiar with Toastmasters, I briefly explain what Table Topics is about. It is a portion of a Toastmasters club meeting program, which is conducted by a person called "Table Topicsmaster". The Table Topicsmaster announces a topic and calls on members, one at a time, who give impromptu one- to two-minute
talks on the topic. When you are called on, you are to think quickly, organize your thought, and deliver it in a short speech.

Today's topic was "Come up with your own business plan" in response to the child allowance (JPY13,000 for each under-15 child) which brings extra income for many households.

I was the first one to answer. I said something like, "I would start up an English school for children which also tech some business skills such as logical thinking", but it was far from organized speech. Simply I was not ready to talk. So here I write down what I could have said without altering the main statement.

* * *

Thank you for asking me.

Now I see there are increasing number of children going to English schools, so I assume that there is a big demand in English learning among Children in Japan, and it is still increasing.

So I will start up English teaching schools across Japan. To make a differentiation, the schools should also teach some basic business skills such as logical thinking, how to debate, and IT.

English teaching is a promising industry in the future because:

1) Grade schools in Japan will start to teach English in a year or two. Sure, there will be increasing number of parents trying to put their children into English schools. And as the world is becoming more and more border-less, English is a must-learn language for all Japanese.

2) More business persons are spending money to acquire business skills, on top of which is logical thinking. Which means that they think that those business skills are and will be important to make living. So they should do the same thing to their children. There must be a big demand in basic business skills training course targeting children.

So I conclude that we should start up elementary business schools which teach English, business skills to children.

Thank you.

* * *

Next time, I will try to organize my speech. In order to do that, I will always try to organize my speech very quickly even in everyday conversations.

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Gbps でなく GT/s

HCSLに33オームの直列抵抗が必要な理由

PowerShellによるExcel/PowerPointの操作